What You Should Know:
- Don’t Underestimate the Value of Basic Content Strategy – Identify valuable keywords, optimize content for search, supplement content with rich visuals and data, and offer users attention-grabbing, relevant calls-to-action.
- Keep an Eye on the Competition – Consistent awareness of what competing brands are saying and doing allows for greater opportunity to have a unique brand voice and message.
- Always. Be. Testing. – From headlines to visuals to the placement of the download form on a landing page, A/B tests should be implemented in as many elements of a campaign as possible – and the campaign should be optimized accordingly based on test results.
- Optimize Videos per Platform – Keep in mind that the same video can be shared on different platforms in different ways – and yield different results.
- Know When to Recycle – If an idea performs well, find a creative way to repurpose it and recirculate it after a reasonable amount of time has passed since its first use. The key is to look back, gain a full understanding of what worked (and what didn’t) and why, and then make updates as necessary.
- Connect with Users Without Extreme Targeting – Pick one desired audience to reach and narrow in instead of taking a one-message-fits-all approach, but avoid being overly specific.
While it’s always exciting to experiment with new, creative content ideas and strategies, our favorite thing about these insights is that they stress the importance of making sure a basic content checklist is in order and stretching the value of content through testing and optimization, which is a process that’s well ingrained in Level’s DNA. By continuing to pair this with a finger on the pulse of competing brands and staying up-to-date with the capabilities of different social media platforms, we feel that we have a solid strategy for ongoing success in the new year and beyond.