We have recently been made aware of an active scam targeting job seekers. Scammers are currently targeting individuals by sending fake job offers, falsely claiming to represent Level. These fraudulent requests are being distributed through unofficial channels, such as fake emails, LinkedIn messages from fake accounts, or Skype, and have no association with our legitimate hiring processes.
Your safety and security are our utmost priority, and we want to ensure that you have the necessary information to protect yourself from falling victim to this scam. Please take the following precautions:
- Stay Vigilant: Be cautious of unsolicited job offers received outside of reputable job boards. Scammers often send PDF “job briefs” via email, LinkedIn messages, or Skype. If something feels off or too good to be true, trust your instincts and proceed with caution.
- Verify the Source: Our official Careers page lists all of the open roles we are actively hiring for. Similarly, our Team page lists the names and titles of Level employees involved in the hiring process. If you receive an email from an address with a domain other than “@level.agency,” it is likely a fraudulent communication. Examples of spoofed domains include “@levelagency.site” and “@levelagency.agency.”
- Personal Information and Purchases: Level employees will never ask you to provide personal information, identification, or make purchases via email or phone during the hiring process. Please do not share any personal information with recruiters, and refrain from making any purchases, or depositing any checks at their request.
- Cease Communication: If you suspect that you have been targeted by a scammer, we strongly advise you to cease all communication with individuals posing as Level representatives. Under no circumstances should you click on any links provided in their messages.
- Genuine Level Process: It is important to note that all official meetings at Level are conducted exclusively through Microsoft Teams, not Skype. Our interview process involves multiple video interviews with hiring managers and members of your potential future teams. We will never conduct interviews solely through chat conversations, over email, or over Skype.
If you have already shared personal information with someone claiming to represent Level or made any purchases at their request, we urge you to take the following steps:
- Report the Scam: Contact law enforcement authorities immediately to report the incident as potential identity theft. Please inform them of the details and provide any evidence you have.
- Financial Security: Get in touch with your bank or credit card provider to notify them about the situation. If you have made any purchases, attempted to deposit fraudulent checks, or provided bank account information as part of the scam, they will guide you on how to safeguard your accounts.
- Email Provider Notification: Reach out to your email service provider and inform them about the email address used in the phishing attempt. They can assist you in securing your account and prevent further unauthorized access.
We sincerely regret the distress, inconvenience, and time wasted in your job search due to this scam. At Level, we are committed to providing a safe and legitimate hiring process. Your interest in our company is highly valued, and we encourage you to explore our genuine job postings available exclusively on our official Careers page.
If you have any concerns or require further assistance, please contact us at email@example.com. We are here to support you and ensure your job search experience remains secure.
— The Level Team